Blissful Cocoa, Coconut and Dates Slice
To Prep: 30 – 50 minutes
- 16 dried dates
- ? cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond meal
- ? cup shredded coconut, plus ? cup extra for topping
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Place dried dates in boiling water (roughly 10 minutes).
- Measure out remaining ingredients and place into a food processor then add dates and 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Mix together on high speed until the mixture comes together to a slightly sticky consistency.
- Using half the remaining coconut for topping. Spread out over a 20 x 20 lamington pan. Transfer slice mixture into dish and push mixture out into a slice using the back of a spoon until 1 cm thick. Sprinkle remaining coconut over slice.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes until mixture is firm and set. Slice into bite-size pieces.
Ideally, these should be stored in the fridge.
Tip: These slices can be frozen for up to 3 months. Great as a snack option for lunchboxes or a healthy party treat.
If you are looking to make some lifestyle changes and wants to jump start with a new diet plan… drop by Pilates Fit studios, ask for a Hardy Nutrition voucher and save $20 on your consultation.
Recipe provided by Hardy Nutrition Dietary Consulting
Try your Diet Plan with our Special Opening Sale on 12 months Mat + Fusion Unlimited
from $130 per month, its now only $99! Save $372 per year.