Green juice always sounds good in theory ? until you throw it out after three sips because it tastes like lawn. But green juice really can be good if you make it right. Try one of these 5 recipes and you’ll be downing one daily. They are full of yummy nutrients and its a great way to down your veggie intake. This is also a great way to treat the kids!
1. Debloating Smoothie
A creamy, thick, healthy, all natural smoothie that is made with bananas, strawberries, pineapple and spinach that will help rejuvenate you and will help get rid of stomach bloat!
- ? a medium banana,
- frozen 1 cup strawberries,
- frozen 1 cup pineapple,
- frozen 1 handful spinach,
- fresh 1/4 cups coconut milk from the carton (do not use canned coconut)
Instructions: Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
Notes Calories per 2 cups: 123, Fat: 3.4, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 112 Potassium: 339, Carbs: 23, Fiber: 3, Sugar: 14, Protein: 1.
2. Vanilla Lime Green Smoothie
With its tangy citrus and sweet vanilla, this nutrient-packed smoothie is reminiscent of a creamsicle ? but with all of the goodness and none of the guilt.
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup spinach leaves, packed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 banana, best frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (About 1 medium lime, depending on juiciness)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 ? 1 cup ice (optional)
3. Avocado Green Smoothie
Perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, a quick snack, or whenever you need a healthy boost. I don?t know that I would be able to get my son to eat spinach and avocado separately, but whip them in this smoothie, and he was asking for seconds!
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup (2 handfuls) fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (almond milk, soy milk or any other liquid will work)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed (optional)
- 1 banana (frozen and cut into slices)
In a blender, process pineapple, avocado, spinach, juice, flaxseed, and frozen banana until smooth. Serve chilled.
4. Kiwi and Spinach Smoothie
I PROMISE you will never know there is spinach in there!
- 2 kiwi, peeled and halved
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (any kind is fine)
- 2 Tbls ground flax seed (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 10-12 ice cubes
Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth
Greek Yogurt will give you more protein than regular yogurt
5. Healthy Shamrock Shake
You don’t need to wait until St Pat’s day to celebrate with one of these
- 1 frozen, really ripe banana
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, kale or other dark, leafy green of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- ice cubes – I used 4 regular-sized ones. This was probably about 3/4 cup. Adjust accordingly based on the size of your ice cubes and how icy you want it.
- Put all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass to serve.
So you to can enjoy some yummy goodness over the festive season – Enjoy while sipping by the pool or beach this year instead of high calorie options.
Staying healthy and fit has never been so easy – why not add in some exercise options as well. Pilates Fit Perth has a range of ages 10 years until 96 years old and fitness levels. Beginners are welcome all year round! check out our website here pilatesfit.com.au